“Your words and actions today may raise a wave tomorrow.”
Let’s spread Lorac!
Here you can support the years of effort, costs, and enthusiasm behind the novel.
All proceeds go towards spreading awareness of the book’s message and making it more accessible to contribute to the urgent task of preserving life on Earth.
“If truth is the compass and love is the engine, everything adds up.” Don’t hesitate to contact Neus if you have skills or ideas that can support Lorac.
Let’s take action!
“Choice is the greatest and most underestimated power we have.”
You can make a powerful impact just by changing your attitude and buying behavior. Here are some immediate actions that you can take for a better world:
- Value what you have. If gold came out of faucets, we wouldn’t let a drop of it go down the drain. As water is more valuable than gold, we shouldn’t waste it. Remember to turn off the faucet while showering, washing dishes, or brushing your teeth. The same goes for electricity, food, or any natural resource. Turn off lights or appliances that you are not using, manage your food to limit waste, cover the pan with a lid when boiling water, etc.
- Don’t impulse buy and buy only what you need. Think about the shelf life of the product and whether the product will really serve your needs. Try to buy second-hand.
- Reduce meat and animal product consumption or go vegan. Think of how this can improve your life through the discovery of new dishes, ingredients, and flavors, and most importantly, how a vegan lifestyle can be better for your health and the planet.
- Buy local and seasonal produce. You can help boost the local economy and save money.
- Avoid excessive packaging and buy in bulk or opt for biodegradable packaging. There are many environmentally-friendly alternatives that are kinder to your body and overall health and well-being.
- Use sustainable transportation as much as possible. Cycling or walking can keep you fit while taking public transport not only has environmental benefits, it can save you money.
- Support pro-nature groups and companies, and encourage people around you to reduce, reuse, and recycle. The more people with shared values, the more pressure on society to facilitate change and progress.
- Lobby the government for measures in favor of the environment. Supporting grassroots movements and voting the right people into office will help pass legislation that allows us to fight the corporations that oppose the change we need.
The possibilities are endless. It all depends on what you want to do. Don’t look for perfection in yourself or in others. Do the best you can and don’t let anyone bring you down when you are trying to change for the better. They are only afraid of the unknown and little by little they will realize that what’s scary is not changing the course, but not doing so.
“We have it in our power to change the world over.”